VB6 would let us use the mouse scroll-wheel like later versions of VS does. Here's a add-in for VB6 that I have used that does just that!
Download \Visual Basic 6\vb6mousewheel\VB6MOU~1 from Microsoft web site
· Copy the VB6IDEMouseWheelAddin.dll to somewhere on your local machine where it won’t get deleted. I use “C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 6”.
· Click Start, click Run, type regsvr32
\VB6IDEMouseWheelAddin.dll, and then click OK.
· Start Visual Basic 6.0.
· Click Add-Ins, and then click Add-in Manager.
· In the Add-in Manager list, click MouseWheel Fix.
· Click to select the Loaded/Unloaded check box, and then click to select the Load on Startup check box.
· Click OK.